A clean tonneau cover is a long lasting one
No doubt your ute is your pride and joy. It’s reliable and works hard day after day. It might take the occasional sick day, but generally it’s a trustworthy worker. It’s expected that the ute accessories you choose will perform to the same standard, in all conditions. Your tonneau cover is no exception. Job after job, your tonneau should keep working, protecting your tub and equipment.
The biggest risk to your tonneau cover U.V exposure. It will dry the fibres and eventually lead to shrinking and cracking. Now most tonneau covers have in built U.V protection, but even the best tonneau can’t outlast the sun. Our range of ute tonneau covers are industry leading, and backed by a 5 year warranty. So you know you’re going to get years of great performance from it. But just like most things, a little TLC can go a long way in extending the life of your soft tonneau cover.
The most important thing in keeping your tonneau fresh, is applying a formula like 303 Automotive Protectant.
Why you should apply a tonneau cover cleaner:
- Keeps tonneau looking newer, and lasting longer
- Your tonneau is designed to withstand U.V, but applying this protectant provides superior UV protection to prevent cracking & fading over the long term
- Leaves a dry, matte finish – no oily or greasy feel
- Helps repel dust, lint and staining
- Protects all vinyl, rubber & plastics
- Brightens your tonneau cover
This formula was originally made for Aerospace and Aviation, and now is the premium choice for protecting rubber, vinyl, and plastic surfaces. Using this on your tonneau will keep it in top condition for years and years. But the use doesn’t stop there, you can use on your dashboard, windshield wiper blades, and even your tyres. The 303 Automotive Protectant dries to a clear matte finish without that sticky, shiny slick feeling. Best of all, each application will last up to 30-45 days.
Use only on a clean tonneau cover, out of direct sun. Spray surface with 303® Automotive Protectant and WIPE COMPLETELY DRY with a clean, dry microfiber towel. Can also be applied directly onto microfiber applicator or towel before using. If streaking occurs, too much product has been used. Use a wet towel to remove excess, IMMEDIATELY wipe completely dry.
This product does not air dry. Extra buffing with a dry cloth INCREASES bonding, repellency & longevity. Apply every 3-5 weeks for maximum UV protection.
Following these easy steps to clean your tonneau (or other approved surface):
- Step 1: Make sure tonneau cover is clean and dry before using.
- Step 2: Spray product directly onto cover, or spray onto microfiber to apply.
- Step 3: Wipe dry with a clean, dry microfiber towel. Use a wet towel to remove any excess.
- Step 4: Evaluate your results. Extra buffing may be required for optimal results. It is recommended to re-treat every 30-45 days.
Ready to select a cover for your ute? Explore the range of Tonneau Covers here
Alternatively, you can purchase a bottle of tonneau cleaner here 303® Automotive Protectant